Deep Blue HD underwater video camera – Cable Lengths 50 to 200 feet standard. For longer cable lengths contact us for a quote. To see pricing choose your cable length and package option below.
The Deep Blue HD offers unsurpassed 1080P HD underwater video from depths up to 600 feet below the surface. It boasts an extremely rugged and innovative aluminum housing design. The exceptional video clarity and light sensitivity will allow for flawless viewing in the most difficult and challenging environments. Outfitted with a remarkable wide angle lens make for easy, worry free deployment that delivers the best possible underwater images.
- Low Light Operation
- Virtually Indestructible Housing
- Military Grade Umbilical Cable
- Full 1080P HD video
- Easy Deployment / Recovery
- Cable lengths up to 600 feet
- No Installation Required, Fully Portable
- Video Output: HDTVI and HDMI
- Resolution: 1080P 30
- Iris: Electronic
- CCD: 1/2″ CMOS
- Focus: Fixed 6″ to focal infinity
- Lens: 3.6mm
- Auxiliary Lighting: 150 lumen LED Light Pod
- Operating Temp: -10 to 55 C
- Light Sensitivity: 0.01 lux
- Input Voltage: 12 VCD
- Current Consumption: 270 mA
- Body Construction: Anodized Cast Aluminum
- Exterior Finish: Thermoplastic Paint
- Camera Weight: 1.2lbs water / 2lbs air (Dive weight can be added)
- Depth Rating: 300 feet standard / 800 feet with upgrade
- Cable Diameter: 0.32″
- Cable Strength: 700 lbs break strength / 50 lbs nominal work load
- Available Cable Lengths: Up to 300 feet
- Dimensions: 3″ Dia. / 3.5″ Length
- Weight with 50ft Cable: 10lbs
How far can you see?
Viewing distance is almost exclusively a function of water clarity. If you have dirty water viewing distance will be limited. In clear water you will have much better viewing distance. Poorest viewing will be just a foot or two. In good conditions you can effectively see 20-25 feet.
Adding more light will not help in dirty water conditions. Getting your light farther from the camera will help a bit in dirty water.
Does the camera come with light?
The Delta Vision cameras do come with internal bright white LED’s. Plus, you can purchase external battery-operated lighting for the Delta Vision or Deep Blue models. In cold saltwater such as the Puget Sound you can see on natural light down to about 100 feet during daylight hours.
Can I get more cable later?
You can order any of our cameras with lengths of 50 to 600 feet of cable. Typically, you want to order about 15% more cable than you think you will need. Some customers will order a short and a long cable. You will need to order the camera disconnection option at the time of purchase to be able to change out cables. The standard cable set up uses a compression fitting on the cable. The camera cannot be disconnected using the compression fitting.
What can I use to watch the camera on?
We do sell a surface monitoring/recording case with a 12V battery you can view any of our cameras on. You can also use any monitor that has an RCA composite video input (Standard Definition Models). If you have an HD model you will use the HDMI input on any TV.
What about power for the camera?
The camera runs on 12V DC power and uses only 250mA. There are two power connections that come with the camera. DC car jack and a 120-240AC to 12V DC power supply for AC power.
How do you control the camera?
All cameras come with a current stabilizer fin. The camera is designed to look into the current while deployed. If you are using the camera in low currents or very shallow you can use the cable clamp/handle to rotate the camera by spinning the cable. The cable has very high torsional strength so this works fairly well.